Wednesday 27 August 2014

A depressed slave isn’t able to give the best of service and a dead slave can’t serve at all

http://www.submissiveguide.com/2014/08/below-the-mood-of-blue-one-girls-experience-with-depression/

And this ties into the Lifestyle, like, how?

As a slave, it’s my responsibility to take care of me. A depressed slave isn’t able to give the best of service and a dead slave can’t serve at all. That may sound harsh, but that’s the reality of the matter. Everything that helped me to live life rather than exist became a part of the growing hope inside of me – hope that was desperately needed. Truly, there was a deeper desire and curiosity in regards to how my future would unravel, how much life could be enjoyed, how certain experiences would feel – suddenly the ‘need’ or ‘want’ to disappear faded away.  Because being a service oriented slave is such an intricate part of my core, being able to fully express that ‘hidden’ part of myself became a part of all the new-found hope.  It would have been unfair of me to attempt to use the Lifestyle as therapy, an escape from my internal condition, or to expect a Master to fix me (because Master’s are magical, right?). This doesn’t mean that certain aspects of the Lifestyle can’t be therapeutic or cathartic. It also doesn’t mean that a Master can’t assist with the healing process – it just shouldn’t be expected

At the risk of sounding like a PSA – if you or anyone you know (that includes your Dom/Master or sub/slave sister/brother) is visibly suffering, please reach out for help and support!  It may not be the easiest thing to do, but it’s a rewarding thing to do. Please take advantage of the resources listed below and the multitude of additional resources found through searches.

No comments:

Post a Comment